Sunday, August 24, 2014

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014-August

So I sat down today to work on my August tag.  Tim's instruction was to follow our creative muse.  I had the idea that I would use the tag as a part of a card for my youngest daughter's first day of school.  She had just mentioned that she liked the color combination of orange, brown, and blue. So I gathered the appropriate colors of distress ink.   Unfortunately, or fortunately as things go, the color combination produced a green gold effect which happen to be the colors of my daughter's school.  I found a stamp sentiment to remind her that these were indeed the "Best of Times" and added a distressed flower that I had made for another project.  I dyed ribbon to match and placed the tag at an angle on coordinating card stock.  All in all, I liked how the tag turned card turned out and it will be at the breakfast table tomorrow morning waiting for her.


Thanks for stopping by :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Kimberly this is lovely... I love your background and also the flower... great tag... How do you know where I live??? Do you live near me??/ If so... lets get together sometime... I am up in Hendersonville all the time... well every couple of weeks... LOL.. my email is bonniemclain626@gmail.com let me know... Great Tag... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete