Saturday, June 28, 2014

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014-June

I had fun playing with the watercolor monoprint technique using Tim's new mini distress inks.  I used Mini Distress Ink Pad Kit #1 and loved how the bright colors just popped.  The Rays Stencil is one of my favorite, probably because I am such a morning person. Tim mentioned in his tutorial that you would have to play with the amount of water in this technique.  I think a bit more water misted on the fired-brick would have allowed the colors to blend better, but I loved how the mustard seed and spiced marmalade blended.  I am not a big butterfly person, so I used the watercolor technique with the blending brush to shade the finger stamp to point me in the right direction.

1 comment:

  1. Love this, Kimberley - the colours are really bold and exciting, and the hand is a great focal image echoing the upward diagonal - really cool!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete